The Best Night of My Life

Sunday, December 13, 2015

We were freezing, it was getting dark, and after driving around for quite some time we were getting ready to pitch our tents.

It was kind of scary, since officially we were not allowed to camp in this area.

"Let's just do it."

The tents were up. The lights of the castle were still on. It was getting colder and colder, so I layered up. Wearing my leggings, hiking trousers and pajamas, three pairs of socks, gloves, a cardigan and a coat, I was still freezing (On an August night, mind you!). I wiggled my toes inside my hiking boots, I kept fidgeting with my hands just to keep them warm.

We stared into the sky. I've never seen as many falling stars in such a short time. It's a memory I will never forget. As my mind wandered away, the stars suddenly turned even brighter. It startled me.

The castle was suddenly surrounded in complete darkness.

There were no lights anywhere, except for the stars above us.


I'll get to relive your beauty again in April.

You Might Also Like

0 reacties