The Things I've Learned From Trying to Solve a Rubik's Cube

Thursday, March 01, 2018


  1. I want to do too much at the same time, meaning I have trouble doing things step by step.

    One step leads to me think of a process or solution to each individual step. That makes it impossible to even start with the initial step. Instead I try to solve all of the combined problems without even taking the first necessary steps.
  2. I tend to get lost in what I'm doing, losing track of what I was planning to do, or what I've done so far. I become hyperfocused on the task at hand.
  3. Added frustration leads to me becoming even more focused on the situation I am currently in and not necessarily on how I got into that situation or how I can revert it or solve it.
  4. I blame myself for my lack of skill, my lack of knowledge. I feel stupid for not understanding things instantaneously. (Which I would never expect from someone else, so why do I expect it from myself?)
However...

  1. I learn by doing. I might not exactly remember or realise how I've done it, but I always push through until I've found a solution.
  2. I am quick at picking up new techniques and memorising them. As long as they are tangible, result driven and visual.
  3. I am good at simplifying processes, which helps very much with the job I have.
  4. I am reflective and focused on self-improvement. Sometimes I might push myself too far, but I'll always come back to a point of reflection. 


Pretty much. :: I just want to drink tea create stuff and sleep Art Print



You Might Also Like

0 reacties