Be grateful.

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

This was originally supposed to be a once a week thing, but I've found that there's more in my head fit for just one day a week.

2015 has been an odd year. I wouldn't say that it’s been the weirdest one I've had, but wow, it did come close. So many things happened this year, waking up today I realised that this year is already over in just three months!

Yesterday night, sitting by the window while it was storming like crazy outside, I spent a few hours sorting photos that were taken this year. I let myself forget most of the first half of the year, moments that I honestly did not remember anymore until I saw those photos. It’s strange, sometimes you just forget to be grateful. Grateful for even the moments in your life, where during the moment itself you honestly did not want to be grateful at all.


I’m grateful for that time where I woke up in bed crying, thinking that I didn’t want to live anymore. Thinking that it would be easiest to just end it all.

I’m grateful for my dad calling at that exact time, and being the foundation on which I’ve built so much on.

I’m grateful for listening to myself, for deciding to end a relationship after three years, even though it would mean immense hurt for the both of us, and moving closer to my friends and University.

I’m grateful for being able to move on, and flourish into the person that I truly want to be.

I’m grateful for the loving friends and family around me, seeing and hearing about what they go through.

Because in the end, those that surround you are a reflection of the kind of person you are. And if I look at those around me, I can honestly say that we’re a bunch of beautiful people, both on the inside and outside.

That sad, insecure and lonely girl who I once was still lingers from time to time, but I’ve convinced her of all the reasons to not be sad anymore.


I think I’ve found true love in the friendships surrounding me.

And if it don't work out...



You Might Also Like

0 reacties