Building towards new goals.

Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Last summer, I wrote down 5 goals (or promises even) that I wanted to achieve in the next 5 years. Some of them I have achieved already. some of them were moved to a later stage and some of them are in the process of being achieved. I've always been a goal-oriented person, as it helps me 'measure' progress. If it's something personal, if it's a project, or if it's simply getting through the day: I need goals. Stagnating is something that scares me, and something that I want to avoid; I'm always on the move towards something new.

Totally stealing this format from another blog, but here goes. My goals for the next year:

Short Term Goals: 1 - 2 months

  • Sell the last couple of things in my room.
  • Buy flight tickets and plan the route to Skövde.
  • Learn Swedish, 30 minutes a day.
  • Buy a PlayStation 4.
  • Set up my monthly budget.
  • Get to know the area in Skövde.

Medium Term Goals: 3 - 6 months

  • Pick up my hobbies again.
    • Meditation.
    • Writing.
    • Some form of exercise (Gym or yoga. Thanks to my stupid ankle I cannot run anymore).
    • Get back into regular gaming again (Perhaps make a list of games owned and games I want to finish).
  • Furniture my flat with the basics.
  • Shift the focus of my blog towards documenting my daily work, habits and life in Sweden.
  • Have my friends come over in Sweden.
  • Go to Stockholm.
  • Go to Gotenburg.
  • Create a polaroid diary. (Take polaroids of whatever I'm doing that moment. Write the date and a little reflective story of how I felt about it.)

Long Term Goals: 1 year or longer
I honestly suck at creating such long term goals because I know they'll change anyway.

  • Get better at UI and game design.
  • Get a better feel for 2D art, how to use shapes and colours, speedpainting.
  • Save enough money for a roadtrip through possibly multiple countries.
  • Plan the graduation roadtrip with Anthea, Hannah & Cristina.
  • Well, graduate.
  • Go on the roadtrip.
A lot of these will definitely change over time, but that's okay. It's not about being stuck, it's about exploring and finding new ways to grow.

I look forward to whatever is coming my way.
Now go and listen to this glorious song!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAOpY1dg72U

Liefs. x.

You Might Also Like

0 reacties