Choosing a Path

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Making the right choice doesn't always necessarily mean the most fun one, the most wealthy one or the worst one. They're there to teach you a lesson, to give you a new perspective, or to confirm that you've done things right since the start.

When I decided to work full-time for a year before going to University, there were some that advised me against it. I would "get used to having a free schedule", or "get used to the amount of money". Taking a break year before going back to school was one of the best decisions of my life. I learned quite a few valuable lessons, like being independent, being reasonable, and being responsible.

The first year of University was such an eye-opener. Thoughts and habits that I had for years, which I thought were strange or useless, turned out to be incredibly relevant and appreciated in this line of work. Not only did I enjoy what I was doing, I also turned out to be pretty good at it!

Aside of that, I met a bunch of people who turned out to become the best friends I've had in my life. I've never met such an inspiring group of people who continue to inspire me each moment I spend with them. I'm super grateful for being in a place like this where I feel I get to be myself every single day.

I completely forgot about this photo, but I want to share it (for the giggles!). It's me in the first month of University building my first paper prototype of a game. When I presented it, I scored a 9 out of 10. For me, that was the confirmation I needed. It didn't take hours of cracking my skull studying material (which is great fun too!), but it took me doing something that felt like I was using my skills intuitively.

I made the right choice. :)

Liefs,


You Might Also Like

0 reacties