Every Morning There Are Mountains To Climb

Monday, November 23, 2015

As I'm currently in love with these lyrics, I decided to use them as the title for today's' blogpost. "Every morning there are mountains to climb.". Which is nothing else but the truth! There's challenges everywhere and in everything.

It's all a matter of setting your mind to it and doing it, really. Things that intimidate one person don't intimidate the other. The world is smaller than we perceive it to be.

In only 4 months of being less afraid to speak up and taking opportunities with an open attitude, life has shown me that it has so much more to offer than just the edges of your comfort zone. I was always terrified of approaching people who were 'more' than me because I felt unworthy. These days I'm starting to realise that we're all human, we all started somewhere, and nothing makes you more or less deserving.

These thoughts have also inspired me to start thinking about my next tattoo. Something to remind myself of the challenges I've overcome and the never ending challenges that will still come.

An outline of Ben Nevis - to symbolise how important willpower is. Sometime we'll have to go through things that are harsh, unpleasant and cloud our goals. In the end though, it's all worth it, because you'll be rewarded with new experiences, newfound wisdom, and in case of climbing: a lovely view. :)

An oak leaf - which in itself already symbolises endurance and growth in Celtic culture, although there are my own emotions attached to it as well.
"When you are in need of stability and strength in your life - envision the oak in your minds eye."

A few years ago, I was told that people don't change. At the time, I agreed. These days, I'm not so sure anymore. I see change around me every day. I believe change is a good thing, you become less attached and less "stuck". I realise that this is something that doesn't work for everyone, and there is no fault in that. Be you and feel good about being you, that's all that matters. (Unless you're deliberately being a dick to people, then don't.)

For the song I've been referring to; here you go.

Liefs.


You Might Also Like

0 reacties