The Seasons Are Changing

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

(500) Days of Summer. My all-time favourite movie. It was thanks to my brother recommending it to me, that I ever looked at it at all.

I had just gone through my first break-up, and I felt shattered. Even though I was the one who did the breaking up, my world felt like it was crumbling down piece by piece. I had barely any self-awareness, I wasn't as stable as I am now, and I sure wasn't as comfortable with my own vulnerability.

The first time I saw you, I was a Tom. Admittedly, I secretly wanted to be a Summer - there were these little quirks she had that I could relate to - but her strength was something back then I couldn't even admire. I felt that she was inconsiderate, at times even selfish and vicious!

You were my break-up movie. You were the one to consolidate me that I would run into someone again, an Autumn, a Winter, or a Spring.

Yesterday evening, I watched you for the first time in my life not associating it to a break-up. (I've probably seen you about 10 times by now. I know, I love the cheese.) For the first time in my life, I identified with Summer.

I have yet to run into the one that doesn't leave me wondering of the things 'I was never sure of with you'.


You Might Also Like

0 reacties