Melancholy

Saturday, October 17, 2015

It's Saturday, it's grey and cold, the trees have lost their leaves, autumn has begun.

I don't handle cold very well. It gets me bad-tempered, I start secluding myself more, and I feel tired. A lot. All I want to do is stay in bed. This is what I would've said a year ago.

I still don't handle cold very well, but I've learned to love it. Today, I went out for a walk. Just a simple, 15 minute walk to the local park. I brought a bag, and started picking up leaves, acorns, chestnut, and small twigs. After a bit of scavenging and gathering, I walked back home with a full bag. Back home, I still had a couple of old jars that were standing there, ready for some cutesie DIY project. The result: my room is now super snug and comfy, filled with that lovely autumn atmosphere.

Walking around through the park, digging into the earth, and ruining my jeans gave me the weirdest sense of freedom. I felt like a kid again. It felt so good!

I'm taking small steps, more and more I'm returning to becoming myself again. I'm learning who I was, who I am, and what my future holds.

Liefs,

Nathalie





You Might Also Like

0 reacties