Stinkende Dozen: Part 3

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Sunday, February 12:

We woke up in Motala, and decided it was time for breakfast. Breakfast in our case was dry crackers with peanut butter (which really isn't so bad!) - what happened next though was an absolute blessing.

We were offered some chocolate pudding. 

Only now that I'm writing this I realise it was only three days of eating crackers and scooping spoons of cold ravioli. But man, that chocolate pudding was AMAZING. Never in my life have I said yes so fast to the offer of chocolate pudding. Or to any food really.

Afterwards we started gathering our stuff and packed for the upcoming trip. Via AirBnB we managed to find this amazing place often referred to as the 'Hippie Hut'. We instantly fell in love with the place and the owners, and decided for one night we wouldn't care about the budget we had set ourselves.

On our way to Avesta we stopped by a few different places that looked interesting, one being Vadstena Castle. It had an incredibly interesting sign next to it which had us giggling quite a bit. We deemed it worthy to be taken a photo of.

The place was enormous. Seeing buildings like this always makes my imagination run wild. Thinking of the people that lived here, what people did on a daily basis. How the world has changed in such an -equally long and short time span.

Here's a tiny Anthea to illustrate how huge the castle really was.

After that we spent some time walking over the frozen lake. The cool thing about this lake was that the waves of the water were actually frozen in place. It gave a lovely effect!

At one point we found the Alvastra Monastery. Another place that just sends my imagination on a wild trip. At one point I couldn't see Anthea anymore and saw her up on a wall. I decided to follow...

When it comes to climbing, I'm kind of a coward. I'm terrified of heights. After some pushing and encouraging though, I'll do it. But I won't really enjoy it. (Unless it's a bungee jump in Scotland, but that mostly has to do with the fact of it being in Scotland)

So Anthea, thank you. HONESTLY! We climbed up on one of the walls of the cloister ruins and my body just completely paralyzed. I couldn't move. But Anthea helped me get back off the wall, and it made me feel much calmer. Of course she did have to sneak a photo in there which perfectly portrays the contrast between 'I might look like I'm enjoying this, but I'm actually dying on the inside.'

I felt like I was up way higher than I actually was. The nasty thing about fear of heights is that it feels like everything is coming towards you. As if you're already falling while you're actually just completely fine, just higher up than you'd normally be.

Since the Alvastra Ruins were directly next to Vättern we decided to stop there as well and spend -some time by the water. I don't really have words for it, it was just beautiful...

Next up is Avesta, which is probably one of the best days I've ever had in my life!


<3

You Might Also Like

0 reacties