Cold Short Days

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Hello lovelies!

It has been a while since my last entry, but I find myself not having anything else to do at the moment so why not write a blog post?

November has been going at a steady pace, with only around 2 weeks left. During the first week of the month we went to Berlin with the company. We went to different restaurants, some more experimental than others. It was a really great experience, I learned more about the company, got to know the people I work with better, and in turn they got to know me better. I managed to take some pictures which I'll add (along with some other ones from Halloween and how the weather has been here. Like, SNOW?!?!)

During my free time I've been working on a little side project, and it's a very nice feeling to know that I can still do other things than just what I've been doing at.. work? internship? (I consider it work so work it is.) It includes level design, narrative design, and foolproofing it to the max since it is being made for someone who is not considered a hardcore gamer. Good practice for me, it's also being made for someone I care about very deeply so more reason to make it as best as I can. :) My deadline is in a little more than a week and I still have a lot of ideas to fulfill, but as always, we'll see how far we can get.

Together with two of my co-workers at Coffee Stain we've started playing a boardgame called Descent, it's a lot of fun! We use the iPad to DM for us, it plays music and sound and everything. Although it felt a little weird at first, once you get used to it it's quite nice. (But nothing beats a real DM, no worries Birk. <3) The reason I enjoy the game especially is because it's quite rule-bound, there are steps you have to take in your turn, there are determined steps each round, and it just plays very nicely that way. One of the reasons I kind of struggle with open world games or D&D is because there is so much freedom. Giving me that amount of freedom basically makes me go 'Ima do nothing. Bye,'

Sometimes I kind of miss having a side job or activity, like working at the bar or the animal shelter in my weekends. It's good to have some other form of (social) activity outside of your own network/bubble. Perhaps when I've actually settled in a place to call my own this will be something to start taking steps towards.

Anyhow, let's end things on a positive note! Despite missing my friends, I feel like I'm in a great place.

Liefs, x.








Photo taken by Sebastian Bularca.

Photo taken by Sebastian Bularca.

Photo taken by Sebastian Bularca.

You Might Also Like

0 reacties