Onwards!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

After returning from a glorious trip to Hamburg and Bremen, I am happy to be back home. One of the reasons being that this home will only be my home for three more weeks. After that, it's time to move to Sweden for at least 6 months!

The three week trip was amazing. It was my first time in Germany, and the first time that I went to a city of this size (~2 million). Although I loved being there, I also felt lonely at times. It's the same with any bigger city; it's both liberating and disconnecting. I felt free since no one really looked at me or cared about what I did, which can be a great feeling. I felt lonely because it felt like there was no human connection or interaction with the people in the city. For me it confirms that it's truly important, for your own sanity, creativity, and productivity, to create your own little hub of safety. People to love and be loved by, to accept and be accepted by, and to support and be supported by. We need it. All of us.

It was a trip I will never forget, a trip full of love, good talks, good beers, tasty food, forest walks, silly moments, tears, and beach sunsets. A trip full of warm welcomes and happy hugs. One I'm very grateful for.


Now that I'm back in the Netherlands for a little while, I want to make the most out of it. It takes time to create time, so back to the planning board it is. How can I use my time best?

Looking at my previous short term goals:

  • Sell the last couple of things in my room.
  • Buy flight tickets and plan the route to Skövde.
  • Learn Swedish, 30 minutes a day.
  • Buy a PlayStation 4.
  • Set up my monthly budget.
  • Get to know the area in Skövde.
Going pretty well so far! The others I can't really do until I'm actually there. :) This summer has yet again been absolutely amazing. I'll use my last two weeks here to meet with my loved ones, friends and family, to have a proper farewell-for-now with my two kitties, AND a short weekend trip to Scotland!

I can't wait to get back to work again. The excitement is growing every day. 

Liefs, x.

You Might Also Like

0 reacties