My First Week in Sweden

Sunday, September 04, 2016


 

After having finished my first workweek and my second weekend in Sweden, it's time for another short blogpost!

I don't have that much to say honestly. I'm very much enjoying it here and obviously adjusting to all the changes; the new environment, the new people, living in the apartment, getting frustrated finding out how the most basic stuff works (like doing your laundry, getting a vacuum cleaner, how an oven works and throwing away your garbage.). Eventually we figured everything out, now it's time to figure out a nice weekly routine!

During the first couple of days I took a small walk through the town, to get a feeling for where most of the things are located. The city centre is small and cute, and there are plenty of shops and pubs to explore. So far the people are very nice and I feel comfortable thanks to the fact that everyone speaks English. Despite being able to communicate in English here, I still sit and learn Swedish for 15-20 minutes everyday; it's nice to one day hopefully be able to follow along with conversations.

Today I felt a need to go a bit further than just the town itself, so I left in the early morning to walk to the mountain! (According to the locals it's a hill, but believe me, it's a mountain.) It was around 45 minutes of walking up, which my Dutch legs found a very strange experience.

Up on the "utsiktplats" I had a gorgeous view over the entire area, where I stayed for a little bit to enjoy it. There was some kind of festival or fair going on and there were a lot of stands giving out all different sorts of information. I participated in one challenge where I could win a year of gym subscription, so that would be pretty cool!
I also found a swimming pool and the skiing slope, so these are things I plan to visit regularly as long as the weather allows. The hike itself is something I'd like to do every weekend from now on since it's such a gorgeous area and it's a healthy activity.

There is also a cute little lake where people were canoeing, sitting and relaxing, and enjoying their meals. I'd like to find something where I can rent a canoe, haven't done that in ages!

The first week was great and there's plenty of things planned for in the future, and I look forward to all of them.

Liefs, x.

You Might Also Like

0 reacties